Her advocacy record speaks for itself, several of her accomplishments and promises kept in Fort Lauderdale are listed below:
- She initiated a program to bring residents and law enforcement together to address neighborhood safety concerns
- Initiated comprehensive master plans that protect natural resources, preserve the quality of life for residents and ensure future development adheres to higher standards.
- Enhanced the area’s park system and green space through opening 14 new parks.
- Initiated changes to the city’s land-use and zoning code to protect neighborhoods from overdevelopment.
- Completed a pilot program to reduce flooding, using new valves in the storm water drainage system thus protecting properties from the effects of climate change.
- Created a new community redevelopment area. CRA
- Completed the construction of a new greenways
- Improved street-lighting along State Road A1A to better protect sea turtle hatchlings.
- Worked with the Broward Trust to establish the Annie Beck Educational and Community Center.
- Built consensus for community gardens
- Improved streetscapes, lighting and neighborhood entryways.
- Worked together with neighborhoods, small businesses and developers to ensure economic development opportunities would be acceptable to all, with completion of a new Fresh Market grocery, numerous restaurants, acceptable housing, street enhancements, parks and better zoning.
- Championed sustainable redevelopment in both Community Development Areas (CRA) with neighborhood and community support.
- Created a new home for the Stonewall National Museum & Archives, spearheaded and passed legislation to improve gay rights.
She is running on the same principles that she has followed for years by giving back to the community. She promises to work diligently to improve your quality of life, build the local economy and ensure your taxes remain low. If elected she will serve as a full-time Mayor because you deserve 100%.
“Making Our Lives Better!”